ARCHES Serves the Community by Providing:
- HIV, Hepatitis C & STI Training / Presentations: We provide education to groups and organizations. Sessions are individually tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
- Targeted Prevention: We facilitate the development of appropriate, and effective prevention initiatives for populations at increased risk of HIV and/or Hepatitis C infection.
- Walking Outreach: ARCHES’ staff and volunteers complete walking outreach through the downtown core, distributing harm reduction materials to Lethbridge’s street-involved and homeless populations.
- Rural Outreach: We facilitate the implementation of HIV / Hepatitis C initiatives in the outlying rural communities in Southwestern Alberta.
- Overdose prevention and response training including Take Home Naloxone
- Current drug trends and proper vein care.
- Sexual education
- LGBTQ+ focus groups.
- Supply distribution to the community including safe sex supplies (male and female condoms, dental dams and lubrication), safe injection supplies and safe inhalation supplies.
- ARCHES provides in-house counseling services for the following: pre and post-test counseling, systems navigation, intake and referral services for people living with or at risk for HIV//HEPC, case management, and one-on-one counseling.
- Special Events: We organize a number of special events to raise awareness of HIV / Hepatitis C issues. These include AIDS Awareness Week, a Candle Light Vigil and an Annual Spring for Life Campaign.
- Newsletter / Media Relations: Through the production of a regular newsletter and periodic press releases, we ensure that the public of Southwestern Alberta is kept informed of emerging HIV / Hepatitis C issues.
- AAWEAR (Alberta Addicts who Educate and Advocate Responsibly) meets the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- Peer outreach
- Client socials
ARCHES provides on-site and occasional offsite free and confidential services by a registered nurse. Monday-Thursdays from 8:30am-4pm. No health care card is required.
Our nurses provide testing and/or treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) and Blood Borne Pathogens (HIV, HEP A, B, C) and pregnancy. They also perform wound care, basic lab work, and referrals.
- ARCHES provides naloxone training to groups and/or individuals.
- Take home naloxone distributions and dispensing.
- Replacement of used/lost naloxone kits.
Needle Exchange Program:
As part of its harm reduction programming, ARCHES offers a needle exchange program.
Clean needles are available at the following locations:
- Lethbridge ARCHES – 1206 6 Ave South
- PHARMASAVE: Draffin’s Pharmacy – 319 – 5th St South
- Norbridge Pharmacy – 722 -23 St North
- Lethbridge Shelter and Resource Center – 802 – 2 A Ave North
- Mobile Urban Street Team (MUST) Van
Used needles may be returned to any of the above locations or disposed of at any of the following drop box locations:
- London Road Park – 7 St and 7 Ave South
- Behind the YMCA – 515 Stafford Dr. South
- Corner of Lakeside and Mayor Magrath Dr – by the 7-11
- Galt Gardens Park – by the public washrooms, downtown
- Nicholas Sheran Arena – behind the arena on the south-east corner
- Greyhound Bus Terminal – behind the station